DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Get your stinkin' hands on this!


What's going on everyone!? I've got some exciting news I wanted to share with you guys today!

On June 27th, 2017 it was announced that game publisher IDW Games is going to be working with 20th Century Fox in a plan to bring the awesome world of Planet of the Apes to the tabletop!
 
 


You read that right, PLANET OF THE APES IS COMING TO TABLETOPS EVERYWHERE!!! This is such exciting news to me since I'm a HUGE fan of the original series of movies and watch them regularly as I have since I was a child.

So here's what is public info right now:

1) The game follows the plot of the original movie.
2) It's designed by Richard Launius (Creator of Arkham Horror!).
3) It's a co-op game for 1 - 4 players.
4) Players will be taking control of Taylor's psyche and have to work together to survive.
5) There will be a series of games based on the classic films.
6) Release date is currently October 2017.
7) A "free upgrade" of 4 plastic figures will be in every copy but limited to the first printing
8) Retail price is set at $59.99


So there you have it, some awesome and exciting news! Now we just have to wait for more pictures to show up that give a look at the game and components. What do you think, Are you excited for it?

I know I am!

As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment