DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

First system on the right and straight on!

What's going on everyone!? Today for the "Game a Day" challenge my dear ol' pops and I decided to try out another session of Small Star Empires!

Turns out, the game is entirely a blast and just as easy to remember as it is to learn to play! It was an intense battle of area control between the two of us and the "broken universe" we played on but in the end, dear ol' pops got the win with 50 - 47!



Later on this evening I wanted to try the three player version out with my lovely wife, dear ol' pops and I. We set the game up and gave her a quick crash course on the rules and we were off! This time the game got even MORE interesting as it meant there were three of us trying to colonize the different systems and explore the universe.

At the end of the game, I ended up stealing the win but just BARELY as my wife was only a couple points behind!


I plan on doing a full write up of this one so please keep an eye out for that in the coming days. It's a blast to play and a pleasure to experience!


Here are a few pics from today's sessions:



(2 Player Game)







(3 Player Game)





As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment