DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Farmers life for me!

What's going on everyone!? Today has been a pretty quiet day. My beautiful daughter is sick with an ear infection and a sinus infection(Can only mean winter is coming soon right?). When she came home from school(Don't worry, she's on antibiotics and not contagious) she was supposed to get a few chores done and then I was going to ask her if she wanted to play a game with me.

She ended up passing out in bed from not feeling well and being tired on top of that from what must have been a busy day for the poor girl.



My lovely wife is stuck working yet another 16 hour shift so I've not had her company all day either. So like I said, it's been a quiet day, lol.

Later on this evening the UPS man dropped off a package on my porch. Since I didn't know anything would be here today you can imagine my excitement when I opened the door to take the trash out when there it sits!

So I quickly toss the trash in their cans and run inside like a boy on christmas that santa personally left a present for!

What could be inside but a review copy of the new Agricola Family Edition from Mayfair Games! Once I got a few of my chores done I thought I'd read over the rulebook and get a good sense of how to play with my family this weekend. I couldn't take it anymore so I played a solo game of it after getting excited to farm from reading the book, lol.



So today for the Game a Day challenge as I'm sure you can guess, I played Agricola Family Edition! It was a heck of a game and a little slow to start for me because I kept thinking I was over looking something in the rules. Turns out, I was looking for something explaining some complex stuff when I finally realized that the action I was wanting to perform was actually more easily done than I had expect!


Here are a few pics from tonight's session. I can not WAIT to play this again VERY soon!!!















As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment