DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Yarg, Roll Em!

What's going on everyone!? Today has been a very sobering day. As most of my readers know, my dear ol' pops usually comes over for a weekend visit. Well, this time he did as normal but we got some bad news from one of his doctors today.

See, he's got a bad ticker. It's only working at about 40% or so after having 3 massive heart attacks... or so we thought.

Today he got a call saying that his test from his latest appointment was not good. Not just "you might have something to worry about" but "Bad". They told him that he has WAY less than 40% of his heart working and that he can go into cardiac arrest at ANY moment. They also mentioned that he had either had a small heart attack recently or he was getting ready to have a bad one.

Which ever the case may be, the next one will off him "for sure". Now, the reason that I put that last bit in a quote is because it was told to him just like that.

So anyways, the news was so bad that a nurse had to make a special emergency trip from two hours away all the way out here to my house to put a "life vest" on him. The easiest way to describe this vest is to say that it is a mobile defibrillator as well as a heart monitor.  If his heart or something starts going wrong it will give a warning beep which he can disable if it were something that might happen because of a bad connection from a sensor.

If it's NOT caused by a sensor and is in fact his heart or a difficulty with it, It will give two more warnings and by the time the last warning happens he will have 5 Seconds to disable it. They said if it ever comes to the last warning that by that time he will probably be unconscious and zap him a good one.

I'm sorry for mentioning all of this to those of you who may not be bothered by this news and I don't blame any of you as you don't know him or I personally for 99% of you. I just had to get this out there and off of my chest because there has been a LOT going on for us lately in terms of "bad news" and this one really takes the cake.

I mean, who want's to face the fact that they will be losing their parent at any moment?
__________________________________________________________________________________


Today for the "Game a Day" challenge my dear ol' pops, a friend and I played Buccaneer Bones!

It's a great little dice game that I've played before with my lovely wife so it was nice to share it with others. It's VERY simple to learn and still fun to play which is always a nice thing.

Surprisingly, I was able to use a bit of strategy to grab the win!


Here are a few pics from tonight's session:







As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment