DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Gaming Goodness!

What's going on everyone!? Today was a different kind of day for the "Game a Day" challenge. I was invited to a friends Boardgame Birthday Bash and so my dear ol' pops, beautiful daughter and I went to it! I mean, how could I say "No" to going to tell a friend Happy Birthday and NOT want to play boardgames!?!?

At the event I got to partake in a fun party style game called 2 Rooms and a Bomb. It was definitely a fun game and I'm very glad I had the chance to play it!

After that, my dear ol' pops, beautiful daughter, another person and I also got to play Train Maker! It was a lot of fun being able to introduce someone else to one of the dice games we love and they even took note so they could find a copy for themselves! :D

Lastly the person who joined in on Train Maker brought in Ticket To Ride: My first Journey and we tried that one out with them so they could demo it and get an overall review of it. Turns out that was a VERY fun and simplistic version of TTR which is not only great for children but also for adults and the elderly. It's definitely one I want to look into getting for my collection as well.

Fast forward to getting home later in the evening and we played a game of Flip City with my dear ol' pops, lovely wife and I. It was another GREAT experience and a game I can't wait to play again. We thought pops had the win but turns out on my turn RIGHT after him I was able to lock in a win! All in all it was a wonderful day spent with great friends old and new as well as my wonderful family to finish up the day.

Here are a few pics from the event as well as tonight's game at home:




As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment