DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

There's fish in them there waters!

What's going on everyone!? Today was the first day we should have been camping for our daughter birthday. Unfortunately we couldn't swing the costs so we're stuck home. :/

All is not lost though, Today for the "Game a Day" challenge we played my review copy of a game from Bellwether Games that I'll be posting a review for tomorrow called Coldwater Crown which is due to hit kickstarter VERY soon. It's a GREAT worker placement game with a fishing theme!

After a tense competition of fishing our beautiful daughter ended up snagging 1st place and my lovely wife came second!

Now, this is awesome for a few reasons. First, because I have a fun fishing game that my family can play together. It has the fishing theme which I LOVE and the worker placement mechanic that my lovely wife LOVES and that our beautiful daughter seems to have a knack for as well! Second, and most importantly, this was our daughters FIRST time playing and SHE. KICKED. OUR. BUTTS!

I like to chalk that up to her having good teachers but really she can just get the hang of these sorts of mechanics REALLY well. So wither way you go it's a Win/Win situation really, lol.

Here are a couple of pictures from today's session. I'll have a BUNCH more tomorrow in the review though :)






As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment