DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

rrrrRRRACK 'EM UP AGAIN!

What's going on everyone!?

First and foremost I've got some exciting news to share with you! After I did the live stream of last night's "Game a Day" challenge where we played The Last Spike by Columbia Games, I had made the rounds with the post like I usually do.

This morning I was pleased to see that Columbia Games' Facebook page took notice in the post and said that ALL VIEWERS OF THE BLOG can get FREE SHIPPING UNTIL SATURDAY if you order the game directly from their site! How cool is that!?!? Just another reason I love being part of the board gaming community! :)

So if you're reading this, Head on over to the KYBG FACEBOOK PAGE, Give it a like if you haven't already(and if you don't mind) and check for the post with the special code for the FREE SHIPPING!




 :Now onto your regularly scheduled post:


Today for the "Game a Day" challenge my lovely wife and I played some more "Crokipool"! I figured since I had done  slight modification to the table today that it would be a good time to try it out.

The only thing I really did other than add some wire underneath to hang it from the wall was sanded down the lip on the edge of each pocket slightly since there was a small buildup of polyurethane on them. It turned out to work out just as I had planned and the pucks went in without getting hung up on the edges. Keep in mind, this didn't make it any easier to make the shots, it simply made it more true to form by allowing them to glide in if the shot was right.

We both did fairly well with 1 win each. I ended up winning the third game for a "best of 3" match. All in all, I know that my wife isn't crazy about the game because of it's difficulty (maybe next time I ask her what to play she'll pick a game :P ) but I love it. Of course I could just be biased to it but I honestly think it's fun!

Here's a couple pics from tonight's session:






As always, thank you for reading and take care! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment