DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Monday, May 30, 2016

Next stop, Goblin Castle!

What's going on everyone!? Today is our daughters first official day of summer and it was a bit of a lazy day. She stayed at a friends lastnight and my lovely wife had to work this morning so this mean I had all morning to do crafts, play games, write reviews, do a little woodworking...ALL KINDS of fun stuff!

Unfortunately for me though, I woke up to my normal neck and back pains which meant that the injection had worn off :( So for the better part of the day I was down and out on the couch barely able to move around which really sucked. I had so much motivation to do... well... SOMETHING today and here I couldn't do a darn thing besides listen to some audio.


So anyways, let's not keep this a depressing post for long! Tonight my lovely wife was a little wore out from work today as well as the heat here at the house so she went to bed pretty early. This meant I got to recruit my lovely daughter to play a game with me!

She gladly jumped to my savior and we played a couple of games tonight. Some that you've read about and some that she's not played yet.

First up was The Princess and The Goblin. This game went WONDERFULLY between us. She not only caught on really quick but won BOTH games as well! I was happy to see she is so precisely following in her mothers footsteps when it comes to gaming by kicking my butt, lol!













The next game we played was one that is near and dear to me for many reasons. For one, it was purchased at our first ever board game convention this year, It has a train theme! and most importantly to me, It was first played in the hotel room with my lovely wife and dear 'ol Pops. The game I'm talking about of course is.... TRAINMAKER!

So as I explained the rules to my daughter very quickly and she seemed to get it right off the batt. Turns out that after one of the more lengthy sessions of it that I've played she ended up winning this game too! I couldn't be more proud of her and I love that she is winning without me "giving" her the win. I know it's nice to do sometimes but I also feel that in teaching a player to lose politely is just as important.









As always, thank you for reading and have a great day! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment