DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Monday, February 8, 2016

Return to Zombie Island... ALONE!

Well, I had other plans to play a game with my wife tonight but she was pretty tired and went to sleep kinda early. So that left me with the task of finding a solo game. After looking at the game shelf I figured I'd try Zombie Island.




Now, We played this game together towards the beginning of the blog but I've never tried it solo. So here we go!


First time in alone is a bit intimidating and falsifying as well. You THINK "This will be no challenge at all". When in reality, I was like, DAMN IT! ..lol.

Starting out it seemed to go good. Didn't draw any zombie tiles until the last one in the stack "SWEET!". Then I feel like I've got this under control so we move on to the next stack of tiles to draw from.... Damn it... Zombie Tile!



Well, ok, no huge worries yet right? WRONG! I used my movement to explore that tile which meant that my turn was over and it was the zombies turn.


First, the zombie takes his simple movement towards me. Next the zombie I JUST found awakens and rises to his feet to move next turn. So for that split second I thought, There's a way out, I know it!

Until I came back to Zombie Island from cloud 9 and noticed that there were, in fact, no more moves for me.



And there you have it, the zombies got fed tonight. Maybe in the next session of this game that will mean they're not as hungry which will give me a little better chance at doing some more exploring on the island!

Then again....Maybe not.


Tune in to tomorrows post where I'll be attempting the solo version AGAIN in hopes of finding what I'm looking for and getting back OFF the island!





In the meantime post some comments below and let me know some of your favorite board games to play solo. I'm not too crazy about the games that make you have a "dummy" player in order to play it solo.  So let's hear what you have to say!

As always, Thanks for reading and take care! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment