DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016

Yup, Happy 2016. This is the first year that as a family, we have started out by being boardgamers. Last year around my birthday my wife had gotten me a few board games to play with her and the few friends or lack there of that I have.

Because I suffer from a few things as well as depression, this was a big step for me to accept. To allow or invite people to my house to play games wasn't very comfortable at first. I don't like groups, I don't like loud people and I don't like... Social activities.

But alas, I gave in and over the past year we have amassed a wonderful collection of games. I've played more games than I can count now and that's a good thing. It has helped me in dealing with my "problems" as well as brought my wife and I closer together.

The thing I like most is that win or lose, the "bickering" only lasts as long as any particular game does. When it's over, there is no resentment towards eachother (aside from a few jokes here and there).

So anyways, This brings me to my current project. Writing a blog about boardgaming in Kentucky. Specifically, Eastern Kentucky. As some of you may or may not know, Kentucky does have some great groups and venues for such a hobby but they are near nonexistent where I live.

It's boring and very lonely for the most part since it's hard to find people who like similar things around here other than hunting, farming, owning guns or collecting loud ass vehicles with no exhausts. Now, don't get me wrong, all of those things are fine. As a matter of fact, I like hunting and fishing and camping. But I ALSO like to learn, To try new things, to...accept change as it were.

So for this year. We made a new years resolution that I thought was fun. We're going to attempt to play at least ONE game EVERY DAY for the ENTIRE YEAR.

It doesn't matter what type of game or how long it takes to play. As long as it's a full "start to finish" game.


So welcome to my blog, where I will be documenting the entire year as well as I can possibly do if/when I remember.

Here is our first game of the year, Awesome Kingdom: The Tower of Hateskull


Which by the way, My "Totally Awesome" wife won as usual. (You'll find that she wins nearly all the games we play as the year goes on..lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment